Data processing department.
There is a wide range of
jobs available in the field of data processing: computer operator, programmer,
systems analyst, the data processing manager.
The computer operator
should be a reliable person because he is responsible for very expensive
He should be mentally alert
to cope with many problems and with emergency situations with different
The computer operator deals
with the hard ware not with the soft ware.
But he must know the soft
His work is very complex.
Often programmers start
their careers as computer operator and them slowly work their way up the
The programmer should write
programs to solve problems and write them clearly so that other programmer can
He deals with such programs
as: compilers, assemblers, executives, operating systems and utility routines.
10. Systems programmer write the commercial programs in
one of the high level languages.
11. Then programmer deal with either scientific or
12. The programmer starts as a trainee, them he is given
apposition of a junior programmer and then to a senior programmer.
13. Systems analyst gives specifications of the problems
to the programmers.
14. He must have good communicates skills,
15. He examines the system modifications the weaknesses.
16. He also analyses problems outlines solution and them
delegates them to the programmers.
17. The manager is a key person in the data processing
18. He is a leader. Ну should have an active mind imagination, tact and
the ability to control others.
19. He must remain calm and think clearly at times of
1. Computer networks are collection of computers.
2. Networking has been developed on all levels
from local to international in divers
sector of society.
3. Local – area networks have become wide – spread
because personal computers and workstations are used extensively in offices.
4. For long – distance computers and local – area
network to form a single, integrated network.
5. The best example of wide area networks is the
6. The Internet had its origin in the USA , it was
established as a military experiment.
7. The Internet is based on a common addressing system
and communication protocol called TCP/IP.
8. These are the rules, which determine the forms by
which information may be exchanged between different systems.
9. Most of the Internet host computers are in US
10. The most popular Internet service is e-mail.
11. There are other popular service on the Internet:
reading USENET News, using the World Wide Web, telnet, Skype, ICQ, FTP (file
transfer protocol), gopher and bulletin boards.
12. Internet is very useful for communication.
13. Commercial users may be save money using the
Internet, make money from the Internet.
14. Internet has got some problems. The most important
one is security.
15. To conduct transactions or send a secret message the
form of encoding must be used.
1. Almost everything in modern world is dome with the
help of computers.
2. Computers are applied in weather forecasting
medicine, manufacturing and research.
3. Many people associate computers with the world of
science and mathematics, but they are also a great help to scholars in other
subject in history, in literature and so on.
4. A computer is a sort of artificial intelligence an
5. Never the less the computer is a date storage system
created by man.
6. As a matter of fact computers do save a lot of
energy and time.
7. The age of personal computers has come.
8. We have got computers at our University too.
9. Some of my friends have got computer at home.
10. My father has got it at his office.
11. So I’ve got some experience in the computers work.
12. The machine is programmed to process date fast and
13. The computers do a lot of useful operations: they do
calculation, keep records notes, fact of the financial affairs, creates
diagrams and drawings, process the results of the experiments.
14. The computer can compose music, play chess, and
15. Computers games are very popular today. There are
already up to 10000 different computers games in the world.
16. We’ll soon have to change our ideas of the world.
17. Nowadays computers help people everywhere
18. It is now possible for a scholar to find the book or
an articles he needs very quickly.
19. You tell the computer which subject you are
interested in and it produce any microfiche you need in second.
20. Also computer help the driver do keep the car and
not it way on the route.
21. Who knows what the future may bring us!